Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Top 10 CDs of '09

Well it's not exactly the end of the year, but it's close enough for my top 10 of the year.

10. SHRINEBUILDER - s/t
9. GOATWHORE - carving out the eyes of god
8. DOOMRIDERS - darkness come alive
7. THE CASUALTIES - we are all we have
6. ALICE IN CHAINS - black gives way to blue
5. THEM CROOKED VULTURES - s/t
4. BARONESS - blue record
3. MASTODON - crack the skye
2. SLAYER - world painted blood
1. GALLOWS - grey britain

All in all I feel like this was a pretty good year for heavy music!
What did you all get into this year? Did I miss anything? Hit me up!

6 comments:

  1. OK, so I'm not going to be a whore and say something stupid like "Where's The Infinite Staircase!?" or anything (lol) but I will say 3 things... 1 - TOTALLY agree with you on AIC. GREAT fuckin album! 2- Where's JD's CYCLE OF PAIN - such a sweet debut man! 3 - Them Crooked Vultures... Really?? Come one dude! John Paul Jones could have made a band with ANYBODY - and he chose those dudes.

    Sigh, Blasko, you were perfect in my eyes until tonight LOL

    P.S. - I just remembered, Duff McKagen's Loaded's newest album SICK is all kinds of awesome as far as 2009 releases are concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would like to know is if you have any predictions for what you think might be the better albums of 2010. Right now, I can tell you The Gracious Few (New band with members of LIVE and CANDLEBOX), Ozzy, BLS, Sevendust and hopefully Zombie are going to own 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with Mastodon, AIC & Them Crooked Vultures. I'd also have to add Rammstein's 'Liebe ist fur alle da' & possibly New Model Army's 'Today is a Good Day'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think Destrophy's self-titled and Shadows Fall's new one belong on the list. But all in all, a good list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the new Megadeth? That album slays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yo Blasko! nice list man
    Slayers World Painted Blood is my fav of the year. only album you seemed to leave out was
    Heaven & Hell The Devil You Know which is also fucking awesome. cheers

    ReplyDelete